Hodgson Downs, Nutwood Downs, Tanumbirini stations, south of the Roper River and the east of the Stuart Highway (Sharpe 1972/Top End Handbook).
west of the Binbinga, in the Limmen River district (Basedow 1907:3).
Southern tributaries of Roper River upstream from the mouth of the Hodgson River west to Roper valley; south to Mason Bluff (Mount Mueller) and Hodgson Downs; east to the headwaters of Mountain Creek where in the year 1922 they had a refuge cave with buried stores of water lily seeds, examined by this author (Tindale 1974).
The general territorial associations were to the Hodgson River drainage, the upper Towns River drainage, and the Cox River drainage. The Cox River was associated with Alawa until the point where it turns to flow east-west close to the junction with the Limmen Bight River. The east-west running reach of the Cox was associated with Marra. The headwaters fo the Arnold River appear to have been associated with Ngarnka. The following places were associated with Alawa: Cox River homestead, Nutwood Downs homestead, Hodgson River homestead, Minyerri, Old St Vidgeon homestead (on Mountain Creek). There was no precise information in 2007 as to whether Old Tanumbirini homestead was associated with Alawa or Ngarnka (Harvey ASEDA 802).