What you cannot do with the AIATSIS Collection
You may not display pages from the AIATSIS Collection within frames on another website. You may not re-transmit, distribute, or commercialise the information contained on this website without first obtaining written approval from AIATSIS.
You may not use the AIATSIS Online Collections to sell a product or service or to increase traffic to your website for commercial reasons such as advertising.
By using the AIATSIS Collection you agree:
- you will only view, but not copy, materials contained in the AIATSIS Online Collections in accordance with section 3.4.1 of the AIATSIS Collection Access and Use Policy (PDF, 555KB)
- not to copy or publish (including on social media) any material contained in the AIATSIS Online Collections without prior permission from AIATSIS
Linking to this website
You may link to this website. This permission is dependent on your agreement not to make any alteration to the information on this website.
Sending us a takedown request
If you are concerned that you have found material on an AIATSIS website which you have not given permission for or which is a serious invasion of your privacy, or contains content that may be regarded as obscene or defamatory, or breaches protocols maintaining the right of Indigenous peoples to determine access provisions for heritage materials which reflect their history, culture, language and perspectives, please contact us in writing stating the following:
- Your contact details (email and phone number)
- Full details of the material
- The exact and full URL at which the material was found
- The reason for your request, including but not limited to copyright law, privacy principles, obscenity, defamation, Indigenous protocols
- If the request relates to copyright, proof that you are the rights holder or an authorised representative
- Send your takedown request by email to LibraryCollections@aiatsis.gov.au
or write to:
Director, Collection Development and Management
Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
GPO Box 553
Canberra ACT 2601
Registered trade marks
Mura© is the name of the AIATSIS collections catalogue and is a registered trade mark.