Sourcebook for Central Australian Languages (1981):
Wadiwangga (A39.1 ) in Sourcebook for Central Australian Languages (1981).
- Names of the language and different spellings that have been used:
- Bilinara, Pilinara, Mulbera (Kaberry, alternate name), Wanjira (SAW), Wandjira (T,AC, AIAS, RLS)
- Classification of the language:
- Identification codes:
- Oates '73:
- AIAS: N.036
- Present number and distribution of speakers:
- Wave Hill
- Milliken, 1972 -- 13
- Black, 1979 --
- People who have worked intensively on the language:
- Practical orthography:
- None established. Gurindji orthography probably suitable.
- Word lists:
- McConvell ms.
- Grammar or sketch grammar:
- Material available on the language:
- McConvell, Patrick. 1975. Bilinara and Gurindji texts. (Ms 1000, AIAS)
- ---------- Bilinara. 28p. xeroxed ms. (body parts wordlist, some verb analysis, text)
- Parrish, Lucy. 1980. Pilinara word list. (based on field notes by P. McConvell). 9p. ts. IAD.
- Literacy material:
Kathy Menning (comp.) and David Nash (ed.) 1981. © IAD Press
AIATSIS gratefully acknowledges IAD Press for permission to use this material in AUSTLANG.